FST - Thermal spray solutions.
High quality, flexibility and customer oriented.
For over 20 years, FST has been at the forefront of supplying the thermal spray industry, offering a wide range of products from systems and materials to masking tapes and spare parts.
The thermal spray systems are a cost-effective solution to protect substrate surfaces from wear or corrosion; boost parts performance; collaborate with turbine blades temperature resistant; and repair aerospace components.
Typical aerospace uses:
- Actuation systems
- Fan disk
- Flanges Stators
- Mid spams
- Bearing journals
- Auxiliary power unit components
- Environmental control components
- Combustors, augmentor liners and baskets
- Landing gear components
- Propulsion structures
- Slat and flap tracks
- Starter components
- Wing components
- Wheel bearing fits
FST Thermal Spray Equipment
Turnkey Thermal Spray Systems
Each tailor-made system, designed, manufactured and installed by FST, includes the core coating and control equipment, and all required peripheral components, such as sound-proof spray booth, gun handling systems, robots, turntables, and dust extractors.
Committed to safety and quality FST integrated solutions
- Use only first-class components
- Count on safety sensors
- Include e-stops components.
High Velocity Oxygen Fuel (HVOF) Spray
Typical coatings: Nickel & Cobalt based alloys, Stellite, Triballoy, Inconel, Iron based alloys, AISI 316L, Carbides, Cermets, MCrAlY Main applications: Wear resistance Sliding, Abrasive, Erosion, etc.| Chemical resistance | High Temperature applications Equipment: Multi Process System MP-50 | HV-50 HVOF | HV-25 HVOF
Typical coatings: Ceramics, Carbides & Cermets, Iron, Nickel & Cobalt based alloys, Abradable Main applications: Wear resistance Sliding, Abrasive, Erosion, etc. | Corrosion resistance | Thermal barriers | Combinations Equipment: AP-25 | AP-50 | Multi Process System
Cold Gas Spray
Typical coatings: Ductile materials & alloys, Zn, Al, Ni, Ti, Cu, Ag, NiCr, CuAl, MCrAlY’s, High end materials: Nobium or Tantalum Main applications: Electrical and thermal conductivity | Pre-placement of solders | Corrosion protection | Dimensional restoration Equipment: Impact Cold Spray System 5/8 | Impact Cold Spray System 5/11
Arc Wire Spray
Typical coatings: Iron based alloys, Nickel based alloys, Cobalt base alloy, Copper & Copper alloys, Aluminum, Zinc, Al/Zn alloys, Babbitt alloys Main applications: Wear resistance, Corrosion protection, Dimensional restoration, Bond coat Equipment: AWS-400 | AWS-400c | AWS-650c
Flame Powder Spray
Typical coatings: Self-fluxing alloys (fusing), Iron based alloys, Nickel based alloys, Ceramics & Cermets, Abradables Main applications: Wear resistance, Corrosion protection, Chemical resistance, Dimensional restoration Equipment: 5PII | 6PII
Flame Wire Spray
Typical coatings: Iron based alloys, Nickel based alloys, Molybdenum, Copper & Copper alloys Aluminum, Zinc, Al/Zn alloys Main applications: Wear resistance, Friction properties, Corrosion protection, Dimensional restoration, Electromagnetic shielding
Equipment: Fiber Laser Cladding | Free-space Direct Diode Laser Cladding
FST Consumables and spare parts
FST provides consumables to operate the spray equipment such as thermal spray powders, wires, masking tapes, thermal spray guns and spare and wear parts.
MP-50: Thermal Spray Multi-Process System
The MP-50 has been developed to meet the increasing customer demands for better process control, system flexibility, safety features and to avoid the unnecessary duplication of system peripherals.
- Delivers consistent coating thanks to the close-loop control system
- Provides reliable and reproducible results
- Assures maximum process control including control over all the peripherals
- Grants a high grade of safety (self-diagnostics functions, auto shuts down and safety sensors)
- Separates gasses and fuels from the electrical parts
- Monitors consumption of gases and fuel to evaluate procedure costs
- Assures efficiency: minimizes maintenance, simplifies operation, and improves performance and uptime
- Enables system expansion and the possibility to separate the HVOF and the Plasma systems Offers a clear overview of the ongoing spray process
Ethanol-based eGun system
The eGun™ System reduces operational cost and increase application efficiency. The eGun™ is a liquid fuel HVOF gun that uses ethanol as a fuel delivering repeatable and reproducible coatings, eliminating the ash formation and reducing toxic emissions and odor.
News: The DAES Group and FST sign partnership agreement during the MRO Europe
Signup to receive our news and offers
- Improves quality delivering uniform coatings.
- Reduces coating costs
- Provides efficient combustion generating more heat transfer to the powder.
- Reduces between 30% to 50% the use of oxygen, (comparing to conventional kerosene processes).
- Reduces the energy consumption for the gun cooling process in up to 50% (comparing to conventional kerosene processes).
- Grants high level of control over the balance between kinetic and thermal energy.